COK 0.00% 0.0¢ cockatoo coal limited

We need capital. The company was living from debt package to...

1. 2,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 346
    We need capital. The company was living from debt package to debt package. COK made public ASX announcements that they were looking at all avenues- asset sales, corporate transactions etc. Im sure they talked to a wide number of players and looked at all the options. Its not as if management have failed to pull off a deal in the past.

What assets would we need to sell to raise $300m? It would have required giving up a prized asset, cutting off an arm and a leg to save the body so to speak.

The only way we are going to get out of a 26c resource valuation is to get to production- who wants 90c when a $100 is available for a producer. Only way to generate this value is to invest capital- and this deal in my view is a great one, a share issue at a 40% premium, capital funding to Stage 2a/2b Wiggins Island and multi-million tonne production.

I dont for one minute think this isnt a smart move and good deal for SK and would love a counter offer that somehow management missed or didnt investigate but in the current lifecycle of the company I think its a great deal. We keep our growing resource base as our future growth pipeline and all shareholders who hold for the medium term can benefit greatly imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.