Petition to establish a #MurdochRoyalCommission, page-79

1. 1,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    I will start off by saying. I freaking hate Kevin Rudd, he was always so slimey and had a face that you just couldnt trust. His tenure as PM was woeful and hurt the Labor party tremendously.

Saying that I agree that a RC is needed but not just for Murdoch for the entire industry, even exploring what articles FB and IG etc are posting. The media are the single greatest power in this country, they can spread propaganda and sway so many voters its not funny. Freedom of the press is important to challenge our leaders, however the media need to be held to a higher moral and ethical standard than they are right now, becuase quite frankly a lot of it is effing s**t. The articles/stories they publish should be factual only without any political or business interest.

Journalism in this country (and in a lot of the Western world) has taken a huge step back in "facts" that have been reported or opinion pieces swaying voters. You log onto channel 9 channel 7 etc etc you are bombarded with that much advertising its ridiculous. Ridiculous click bait articles that are all designed to attract clicks to increase advertising revenue. Its no wonder people dont trust MSM and you get all of these "antivax" "flat earth "5g" conspiracy theorists coming up. Why? Because the stupid websites seem more credible than MSM. They rush articles out without being fact checked.

If a news source gets something wrong they should need to put it on the front page or a huge "We are sorry" on their websites, not some piddley little box hidden away 84 pages in the news paper

I remember seeing on Sunrise once where they were discussing vaccinations i think around the time the "no jab, no play" rule came into effect, on their panel they had a GP, a journalist, a media commentator and a stay at home mum. Regardless of your thoughts on the issue why the hell are any of them (besides the GP) qualified to discuss or even give an opinion on something they have no idea about

ill start a new petitions #RCtobringbackqualityjournalism

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.