AVE 0.00% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

petrecycle ??, page-10

1. 5,322 Posts.
    NewJo- Im afraid you are posting nonsense. I say this with respect because you are probbaly too young to know the facts. I on the other hand was a shareholder of Betatene and then Denehurst.

The facts are:

Harry Rosen left Denehurst (ne Betatene) long before the collapse and appointment of administators -around Sept of 1995 if I recall- thats ten years earlier!. He resigned from the board when they decided to change the direction of the company from developing biotechnologies to the mining of tailings at Benambra in NE Victoria- which didnt go so well and sent Denehurst broke.

However when Harry was in the saddle as Chairman and CEO at Betatene Ltd which he founded - he and inventor Simon West developed a massive new technology for havesting betacarotene from algea in ponds. They built a huge faciklity in South Australia as apilot plant. It weas so successful that he sold this biotechnolgy business in 2005 to Henkle Corporation/Cognis. Cognis Pty Ltd then grew this business into the world's biggest producer of natural beta-carotene, an anti-oxidant and provitamin A derived from algae. This is still today sold internationally to manufacturers of nutritional supplements, to the food industry, and as feed for acquaculture projects. Betatene Pty Ltd is now called Cognis Australia Pty Ltd.

Harry & Simon sold this Betacraotene business to Henkle Corp/Cognis for about AUS $80 Million. How is that a failure? In its day it was a massive number for a Biotech business.

KC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.507M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 103305097 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 22478912 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.59am 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.