WPR 1.70% $2.31 waypoint reit

Petrol Stations

1. 2,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    encouraged to look into an EV in a few years l can honestly say, after investigation, that there is no way l will be transferring away from an ICE.

initially I admit that I was reluctant now. I am honestly running away from a whole horrible idea. 

l have the WPR ear marked for a gradual future reduction but this idea has been dropped!

these are my concerns re EV's

1) the depreciation rate is horrific
    2) the cost bearing in mind 1)
    3) l scape and scratch the underside of the vehicle regularly, what happens when I scrape the battery?
    4) safety - fires, these things turn into flame throwers when they become unstable
    5) the enormous weight (my driveway was recently relaid at great cost; my tyres will be chewed up very quickly)
    6) insurance
    7) distance l can travel and how many hours to recharge. I am in the middle of WA and my battery has gone flat.
    8) cost of power (no l am not about to spend thousands covering the roof in solar panels- be there done that - it wasn't cost effective after the inverter blew up)

l suspect petrol cars will be around for the rest of my life, like taxi's they can run for decades if properly maintained. service stations will take a hit but bet they are still around in 2+ decades.

l am looking forward to buying the last of the petrol cars and then keeping it running for the rest of my life. no hybrid, no EV's just petrol.

I will leave the EV's to the next generations and wish them well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.31
Change
-0.040(1.70%)
Mkt cap ! $1.551B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.33 $2.33 $2.29 $2.377M 1.029M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 9478 $2.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.32 11655 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.30
  Change
-0.040 ( 2.87 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.32 $2.32 $2.29 221227
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
WPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.