CTP 3.85% 5.4¢ central petroleum limited

petroliferous 2, page-4

1. 1,873 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    Fractures are the holy grail of tight reservoirs. If the well goes through natural fractures it is possible for these fractures to become preferred pathways for gas/oil flow and make a well a profitable producer. A natural network of fractures in an otherwise unproductive tight reservoir can be highly productive, at the same time it means drilling results can be highly varible depending on the quality of the fractures that are intersected. In tight reservoirs that will not produce economically under natural flow, the solution is Fraccing, a process whereby an explosive is used to make artificial fractures whilst at the same time propelling sand into the newly created fractures to keep them open. New technics of fraccing are behind the low price of gas in the US as old tight gas discoveries are being revisited and are the basis of the fastest growing energy sector in the US.
    JW 1 coring ended in mechanical failure and thus a lot of useful information was not obtained. Yesterday's announcement said that a 9 metre core was obtained and is currently being examined. From this core we should get permeability results and the amount of oil saturation and some idea if fraccing is required, and the type of fraccing.
    It was very good news to intersect oil shows and successfully take a core. This wont immediately make us rich but it will help to provide the knowledge that well determine the next step in producing oil from this reservoir.

Hope this helps Yowler. I am no expert but I do try to do my honest best.

Saltbus

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.002(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $40.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $7.099K 132.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 132876 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 443216 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.28pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.