pets are expensive, page-11

1. 17,117 Posts.
    play to win, re the fat, she was vomiting and had diahrrea, most distressed, and the tummy made a lot of noise...
    the vet said chicken has too much fat in it...(we had taken the skin off, ...all those herbs and spices)...and it was only small amounts of chicken, but every 2nd day or so..but it was too much, and that was one unhappy little dog

simply stopped feeding her chicken...and no problems..
    also at the time I was cooking her mince with vegies, so learnt to drain the fat off the mince, (even the top mince has some fat in it) before adding the vegies...so it was like pure meat with no fat

I think she has a very sensitive digestive system....hence her base diet is steak, with the tiniest fat content, all fat trimmed off...plus a complete dog food of dry biscuits, and nature's own tray of food each day....
    I cook her fresh steak every evening.
    She loves lamb shanks, but I have never seen so much fat and muscle in a meat....so the shanks are a treat, once a month...plus they are the safest bones, and it is probably the idea of a bone, more so than the meat that she enjoys..
    again I drain the fat from the meat while it is hot, and throw out the water, which is thick with fat...

the Insurance I made enquiries about was for accidents...so I was surprised with their response....
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.