BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

PF Vid, page-5

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    I am nervous too, not because of TT-034 but because Tribetarna is now not only no longer listed as ready for the clinic in 2015, it is not even a pre-clinical program. Tribetarna is now listed as being in R&D, which seems to be saying it is back in the discovery stage of development. If this is correct, this is a major step backwards.

The NSCLC trial was supposed to run (for a large part) in parallel with HCV. This was a good strategy as it would help sustain the share price if TT-034 was not as efficacious as hoped and in need of refinement. The current announcement seems too rule out that possibility. This is the strongest hint yet that Tribetarna is going the same way as Nervarna, our cancer pain program that PF said would be in the clinic in 2012 and has now disappeared from view.

I hope I am wrong about this but, if I am right, then I will be very, very disappointed. As it is only a few month ago that PF said Tribetarna was going to be in the clinic in early 2015 and as we have already pre-paid (I think about $3M) for the CRO (possibly money lost if there is no trial starting) then I think a "please explain" is called for.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.