BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

pfizer back in town - tacere last paper, page-20

1. 528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Haha. Very good. We're being watched :p.

I do look forward to where this the future testing leads in the clinic. I'm also pleased in the thorough earlier research, even if the paper is incomplete due to lack of supplementary methods, and lack of an accession code pointing to the raw data.

From the paper, I was most interested in the analysis showing no off-target effects of known human & mouse transcriptome. However disappointed that they didn't indicate which data source was used for the transcriptome .. there is more than one provider and more than one version for each.

No off-target effect (attacking something functional rather than just the baddie), even when a range of siRNA products are produced in the body permanently, is rather important to long term safety.

Further, the paper talks of accessing both the "+" and "-" strands of the HCV genome. Great news for level of dose required to block replication. Accessibility of the "-" strand was something doubted by other researchers, seems fairly well shown here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.