HAV 11.8% 19.0¢ havilah resources limited

Portia was a means to an end, if you think Portia was a 'company...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Portia was a means to an end, if you think Portia was a 'company maker' then you're delusional. Yeah it didn't work out how you may have thought spilling so much cash the company wouldn't know what to do with it. But for the rest of us we knew it'd be a gamble given its grade profile. It spit out enough cash to keep the wheels turning, continue some exploration, and keep the lights on for the completion of the PFS.

Giles steered the ship while putting a lot of his salary back into the company purchasing shares, and yes into the CR. Can you imagine what quality of candidate Havilah could have been attracted while it was at the bottom with no possibility of funding?? Have a check of Walter's credentials, we've managed to attract an experienced CFO who came from some much larger companies, he's taken on a lot of risk to do that. Also don't forget Giles was the one who orchestrated the CMC and Havilah partnership to get Portia started, at a time there was no financing for companies like Havilah.

Now was the right time in the companies evolution for Giles to step aside and resume what he always wanted to do - Explore. You may be angry at the capital raising, but again don't forget it was a time when there isn't a lot of funding for junior explorers (yes we are an explorer). I'm sure if Giles and Walter came to your house asking for money you'd want a nice return too - that's just the world we live in...nothing is for free!

I took part in the CR, and yeah I might be totally delusional as well. But with a PFS out soon, which is based off expected higher grade, tonnes and throughput, I'd hope to assume it's more positive then what their initial thoughts on the project were. Not to mention higher Cu prices.

For those that loaded up at the CR, at least that parcel of stock is now up 15%, along with the additional free options which don't look too bad either. Hopefully that has gone some of the way to alleviate part of the pain that was 2017.

I guess 2018 is where we'll see if Havilah makes history, or is forgotten to the pages of history.

dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.020(11.8%)
Mkt cap ! $60.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 21.0¢ 18.0¢ $110.0K 572.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 115000 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 40000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.32pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.