PFT 0.00% 2.7¢ pure foods tasmania limited

PFT - Long Term Analysis / FA

1. 30 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Agreed, we are sitting on something that could be very promising in the future and has the potential to be a multi-bagger for many, even more-so than NZS. While things are going smooth right now, there will inevitably come times when you will begin to doubt yourself and doubt your investment, but take comfort with the fact that the fundamentals of this company are dependable and resilient. Looking at A2M, from its humble beginnings at $0.54, its investors have faced many tests and trials to end where it is now (a 32x Bagger). So just trust in the management and decision that you've made to invest in this sleeping giant.

https://microcapclub.com/2014/08/the-conviction-to-hold/

And as the famous @T.E.P once quoted,

The Conviction To Hold

Extraordinary returns follow extraordinary discipline. Discipline in buying andselling, and maybe the most important one of all, holding. Developing the conviction to hold is something that I’ve learned over time. It didn’t come easy. The basis of this article is to give some insight on how to develop the conviction to hold your winners. It is very tempting to sell along the way, and it’s okay to take a little off the table, but the big money is made by holding.

“It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting.” — Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

Many of us, myself included, look at stocks that have made big moves and think to ourselves, “If I would have only knew about that company and bought it back then.” But would you really have developed the conviction to hold during the run up? The problem is that to achieve a multi-bagger in the portfolio, you have to hold a multi-bagger. And if you want it to change your life, you need to hold a lot of it.

Don’t bother finding the next multi-bagger if you aren’t going to develop the conviction to hold it

Over the last decade, I’ve been lucky enough to be invested in a few stocks that have gone up 5-10-20-30x over a multi-year time horizon. From my experience, the only way to hold onto a big position after it makes a big move is to know the underlying company better than anyone else. Greed and fear will test your resolve, so you need to learn to keep these emotions in check. You need to believe in your due diligence and form an unwavering conviction.

So how do you develop the conviction to hold?

A lot of due diligence is on the front-end of a buying decision, but it certainly doesn’t stop there. The maintenance due diligence following the buy decision is even more important. For me, I talk to management regularly and keep close watch of all the ancillary forces and trends that are driving the company’s business. My “edge” is knowing my positions better than anyone else. This doesn’t mean I’m going to be right, but the more I know the better.

I think many misperceive high conviction for close-mindedness, ignorance, and arrogance. The conviction I’m talking about is quite the opposite. You need to constantly assess your positions and openly listen to counter arguments. Only then will you have the conviction to hold multi-baggers because you will understand all sides to the story. You also need to develop a thick skin. If you are not ready to be criticized for your convictions than you aren’t ready to make real money.

I believe most investors focus too much on selling strategies and not enough time on knowing what they own. Selling strategies such as, “Sell half after a stock doubles” or “When a position reaches 10% of the portfolio, sell it down to 8%” are meant for lazy investors. These selling metrics-formulas-strategies sound great in academia or when selling an investment strategy to a bunch of lemmings who can’t think for themselves.The truth is if you know what you own at all times, you’ll know when to sell.

In many cases the stocks I’ve owned were better buys after they doubled then when I initially bought them. In many cases when a position became 30% of my portfolio there was a reason for it. The underlying business was doing really well, or institutions were just starting to nibble on shares, so why would I sell it. Just because a stock doubles, triples, etc, doesn’t mean it should be sold. Stocks should be sold when your maintenance due diligence shows something has changed. If you know the story better than anyone, you’ll likely get clues well before the rest of the market.When a company performs, and the story hasn’t changed,stop trying to change it. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited by keepforgetting: 12/08/20
  2. 1,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    Timely sentiments Keepforgetting and much appreciated.
    I bought a 100k at 20c and along the way when struggling I’d have loved to get more though the job went at the same time so at end of day very thankful I’m in the game and a stayer
    Only thing that concerns me regards buying more now that I am back in work is the forward earnings state of world markets and the disconnect with reality.
    This one however will prosper brilliantly not just survive

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PFT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.296M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.7¢ $510 18.88K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 280000 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 25234 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PFT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.