NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

This link is very informative I think.It has details and opinion...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    This link is very informative I think.
    It has details and opinion so you be the judge...

http://www.fastmarkets.com/minor_metals/74883-0-en

Rhodium price falls to five-month low, tests $1,000/oz
    Posted on May 6, 2014 by Martin Hayes

one part...
    "By comparison, the other minor PGMs - ruthenium and iridium - have strengthened due to the South African labour situation. Ruthenium is currently around $70 per ounce, its highest since mid-August 2013, while iridium at $595 per ounce is at its best since late-September 2013.

But these metals are traded thinly and conditions are even more illiquid than rhodium. Also, there is investment interest in rhodium, which makes it more vulnerable to liquidation and volatility - its all-time high was $10,090 per ounce in 2008." continues

and this old 3 part article re HySA is interesting...
    ie SA scientists working on benefication of PGMs

http://www.renewableenergyfocus.com/view/34110/hysa-infrastructure-producing-and-using-hydrogen-for-energy-in-south-africa-part-1/

"National strategy for hydrogen and fuel cell technologies: HySA

The government’s Ten-Year Innovation Plan for South Africa, published by the Department of Science & Technology (DST) in 2008, identified a number of key challenges. These include achieving a 25% share of the global hydrogen infrastructure and fuel cell market with novel PGM catalysts, and the pilot-scale demonstration of hydrogen production through renewable energy sources such as wind and solar photovoltaic energy."continues

Maybe SA are waiting on the DTS?
    to
    "Create wealth through value-added manufacturing of PGM catalysts, i.e. supply 25% of PGM catalyst global demand by 2020."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.