PGM 0.00% 1.9¢ platina resources limited

PGM, page-42

1. 7,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    Olympian,

To give people an idea of where I came up with the figure of 200 tonnes per annum for potential scandium demand, and mind you that was a conservative figure.

Now keep in mind and head out of the clouds that things have to roll our way.

We hopefully in the near future will have a binding contract with Honfine for 15T (15000kg).
    In 2011 Bloom had an agreement (non binding) with Metallica resources and were looking at 50-60T per annum for their fuel cells.
    (so far we have 75 tonnes annually),

Now as we know the chinese are great at copying things ie, fuel cells for example! How much demand there?

But here is the real amazing POTENTIAL demand for scandium, Aircraft production / manufacture and the greater aerospace industry.

In order for scandium to have the desired effect in relation to Al improvements (strength, heat resistance and weight reduction) the aluminium alloy requires about 3% scandium.

By the way the weight reduction for aircraft if Sc is used in the Al alloy is due to no longer requiring the airframe to be riveted, which alone contributes 10% of the total weight of a passenger jet, believe it or not.

Now the dry weight of a boeing 737 for example is 79,000kgs, x 3% Sc = 237kgs of scandium.
    This figure is a little misleading as not all components of the aircraft will require / use scandium, the likely requirement would be closer to 90-100kgs per aircraft.

Both boeing and Airbus industries, the two power houses of civilian aircraft production deliver about 620 aircraft each a year (2012 figure).

Also consider the 737 is the smaller of the models produced by Boeing ???.

Now you start to see the potential demand that may, or may not eventuate?, but we are talking the potential / possible demand for Sc.

There is a massive incentive for aircraft manufacturers in regards the weight reduction. Their customers are demanding greater fuel efficiency and as people know weight is everything in the aerospace industry.
    Greater fuel efficiency equals massive savings on operating costs (Fuel), and you can even throw in less environmental impact with less fuel burned in the atmosphere.
    (by the way using scandium in the airframe actually reduces the total cost to produce the aircraft as well).

There are also many other applications for scandium if the market awakens but the car manufacturing industry is yet another one, again in relation to weight reduction and fuel cells in hybrids etc.

Now yes I have rambled a bit and figures I've used are indicative only, some are specific though!

I hope I have conveyed where I believe the potential for Scandium may exist.

Keep the stars aligning and who knows.

A giant is awakening for the scandium metal and first to market will reap the rewards.

The scandium resource contained at owendale, to me, is very quickly emerging as the main play!!!
    ( A large resource, 30+ years supply in a low sovereign risk country, high grade ore, very inviting to a potential user)

Always in my humble opinion only!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.