ADX 1.01% 10.0¢ adx energy ltd

There has been a lot of conjecture on this thread regarding the...

1. 572 Posts.
    There has been a lot of conjecture on this thread regarding the time taken to collect seismic data and the time required to process that data.

Pundits on this thread have been decrying the ability of AuDAX to collect, process and incorporate the PGS Sambuca seismic in time for the drilling program for Sambuca to start in June.

I must admit that I have been swayed by posters arguments; but eventually relied on AuDAX management to believe that they are on track to check the final drill position with 3D seismic for Atwood Oceanics Inc Southern Cross drill ship prior to the ship arriving on site on June 6...

However, further research into PGS shows that, not only is their seismic collection twice as fast as the previous techniques but the data is interpreted in real time.

An article referring to this in Q & A format is at:

http://www.oilandgaseurasia.com/articles/p/102/article/938/

In part:

"OGE: Are there any new developments in your company?
    Dementiev: Our latest news is introduction of a new PGS hyperBeam technology, which brings processing and interpretation together in a nearly real-time interactive system, reducing the cycle time for velocity model building from months to minutes. This new achievement will improve the quality and precision of our models and reduce our customers' drilling risk. Updating the velocity model ahead of the drill bit be a reality!
    Recently, our company deployed a new generation streamer called the GeoStreamer, which represents not an evolution but I would dare say a revolution in the field of imagery collection."

and slide 36 of a recent PGS presentation titled 'PGS hyperBeam: 300 Sq.km in Three Minutes':

http://www.pgs.com/upload/282944/Q4_2009_Presentation.pdf

In part:

Integrated, real time Velocity Model
    building solution
    Handles complex velocities (VTI, TTI)
    and geometries (WAZ, MAZ)
    Complete solution:
    Real time decision making workflow
    Real time imaging ahead of drill bit
    Moving depth imaging from processing to
    interpretation
    Customer benefits:
    Faster and more informed decisions
    More prospects with same resources
    Reduced drilling risk
    Reduced cycle time

Another WOW site describing the hyperBeam process is at:

http://www.epmag.com/Magazine/2009/12/item49826.php

PGS will be using the Atlantic Explorer ship (6 streamer) for the Sambuca project.

But, don't rely on my research, I suggest readers do their own and Google a few of the processes mentioned above; the hyperBeam technology is fairly recent but PGS have sold their on shore seismic to concentrate on the off shore market where the existence of large reservoirs is more likely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.001(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $56.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $27.70K 268.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 384642 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.