PAA 0.00% 22.0¢ pharmaust limited

Hi ALL,Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter break.Whilst we...

1. 475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 753
    Hi ALL,

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter break.

Whilst we are all waiting for our MPL results from Leiden - I'm more of the understanding, from what I've read, that we certainly haven't missed the boat for the SARS - Covid 19 treatment.

Having just read the below article, IMO, the longer it takes Leiden to come back, sooner than later with excellent results, the sooner we all will be much better off.

The fourth wave....

A leading epidemiologist has urged the US to be prepared for a "fourth wave" of Covid-19 infections as a new variant sweeps the country.

During an interview with Fox News Sunday, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said he agreed with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walensky’s warning of "impending doom" last week.

"Right now I’m scared," Ms Walensky said, pointing to a substantial increase in new cases, according to Politico.

Hundreds wait in cue for the Johnson and Johnson Covid-19 Vaccine in Oakland.
    A leading epidemiologist has urged the US to be prepared for a 'fourth wave' of Covid-19 infections as a new variant sweeps the country. Source: AAP

Several US states, including Florida and Michigan, are struggling to contain a variant-linked resurgence.

The national seven-day daily case average has increased continuously since March 19.

The average daily number of new infections has jumped 17 per cent from 55,591 on March 19 to 64,814 on March 31.

Dr Osterholm called Ms Walensky a "truth-teller" and said the spike was linked to the British Covid-19 variant, B.1.1.7, and the fact it "infects kids very readily".

"What she said is exactly right, scientifically, and what we're doing in terms of our response to this virus is, in fact, a major challenge right now, so I congratulate her for her honesty with the public," he said.

The US has 30.7 million active cases, with more than 554,000 deaths, according to John Hopkins University data.

Beachgoers wear masks while vacationing on Clearwater Beach during Spring Break as the coronavirus pandemic continues.
    The national seven-day daily case average has increased continuously since March 19. Source: Reuters/Octavio Jones

Dr Osterholm told Fox News Sunday the country was “almost in a new pandemic".

"We are the only country in the world right now experiencing this increasing number of cases due to this variant and at the same time, opening up, not closing down," he said.

“The two basically are going to collide and we are going to see substantially increased number of cases.

"The only good news is that the current vaccines are effective against this particular variant B.1.1.7."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $86.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.0¢ $91.02K 417.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2325 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 119713 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
22.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.72 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 21.0¢ 271600
Last updated 15.42pm 06/05/2024 ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.