PAA 8.57% 19.0¢ pharmaust limited

As another week closes out it might be timely to reflect on the...

1. 1,685 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2028
    As another week closes out it might be timely to reflect on the whole of PharmAust.

With Pitney Pharmaceuticals and Epichem as wholly owned subsidiaries, there is a lot to PharmAust and some may not be across it all.

Here are the biggest news items exciting our shareholder community here:

(1) Major Vet Deal - Following the successful dog lymphoma trials, the final dossier for veterinary use of PharmAust's formula of Monepantel (MPL) has been submitted to Elanco (AKA Vet Major) and this triggered a 6 month exclusive first right of refusal with them. Should Elanco decide to excursive that right, a deal is expected to conclude in the next ~4.5 months. The relationship with Elanco has been foremost of importance for the company and we all remain quietly confident. It is important to have context that Elanco has supported the trials in supplying the MPL and have been engaged throughout. The deal would likely deliver an up front payment and coupled with royalties ongoing. With Elanco recently completing a major merger, they will be sharply looking to what will drive their profitability into the future. We are here to help!

(2) The human Phase 2 trials for MPL preparations continue to advance with the trial paper submitted. The selection of which specific cancer will be targeted yet to be announced, the expectation is that it will be of the type that has rapid progression and where other treatments are by substantially ineffective. A new batch of pills are being ordered for the human trials and it is essential that this work continue in parallel to other activities as this really is the long term prize winner and we have very high confidence in the outcomes. We only need to reflect on earlier trials undertaken at the Olivia Newton John Foundation and St George hospital to reaffirm our belief.

(3) COVID-19 - MPL has been under test at the prestigious Walter & Eliza Hall Institute for efficacy against Covid 19. Progress in vitro and ex vivo indicate up to 95% reduction of infectivity. Given the remarkable results to date, reports on the progress of testing have been a bit underwhelming against time for the HC contributing PAA community however, the company has stated they are opening channels to other facilities to expedite the trials required to move to human Ph1. We also await news of comparison testing for MPL against other mTOR inhibitors, such as rapamycin and anti-viral drugs currently authorised by the US Food and Drug Administration for emergency use to treat COVID-19, including remdesivir. Regardless of the outcome against Covid-19, all of the data and IP gathered in all of these trials belongs to PharmAust. The knowledge gathered through this activity is invaluable. We learn more about the drug and this is happenning at a pace we could only dream of and a token cost. Further, as an antiviral (well beyond just Covid-19), it could well be a very significant addition to our arsenal.

(4) COVID-19 - BromAc. In 2016 there was an IP swapped with UNSW for the Mucin project into UNSW and further IP of Monepantel into PharmAust. However importantly, PharmAust retained royalty rights over the Mucin project IP. This IP seemingly underpins the work underway by Prof Morris with the use of BromAc against Covid-19. BromAc is under human trials and news is that the results are promising. TIme will tell but this one is both interesting and exciting as an opportunity for revenue.

(5) Revolutionary biomass reactor Epichem have recently been discussing their invention with media and politicians. The commercial arm of PharmAust just keeps delivering! They are profitable, they do research and as a result get grants funding, they support the work associated with MPL testing and now they are breaking into a whole new area. Their laboratory is the finest in the southern hemisphere and their results are really starting to deliver.

(6) Tendering - Epichem have continued to operate throughout unlike almost all of their competitors. The CEO, Colin La Galia, told shareholders they have a number of significant tenders out presently and we all await an update of progress. We hope the uninterrupted delivery and strong credentials of Epichem put them ahead of the pack.

(7) The list of opportunities in the future for human use of Monepantel is long; very long. Acknowledging @kpax for the following, All the below are protected via patent to 2033. A possible cure for.
    1. Diseases related to transplant rejection.
    2. Chronic Inflammatory Disease.
    3. Diseases related to glycogen storage.
    4.Systemic Lupus.
    5. Diseases related to Inflammation and immune activation.
    6. Covid-19 (and now having extended protection since trials commenced at WEHI).
    7. Anaemia.
    8. Leucopenia.
    9. Thrombocytopenia.
    10. Diseases related to stent coatings.
    11. Renal insufficiency.
    12. Obesity.
    13. Diabetes Insulin resistance.
    14. Diseases relating to non fatty liver.
    15. Polycystic kidney and fibrosis.
    16. Alzheimer’s Disease.
    17. Huntington’s Disease.
    18. Parkinson’s Disease.
    19. Bladder Cancer.
    20. Breast Cancer
    21. Colon Cancer.
    22. Mesothellioma.
    23. Kidney Cancer.
    24. Liver Cancer.
    25. Small cell lung cancer.
    26. Non small cell lung cancer.
    27. Head and Neck cancer.
    28. Oesophageal Cancer.
    29. Gall Bladders cancer.
    30. Ovarian Cancer.
    31. Pancreatic Cancer.
    32. Cancer of the Stomach.
    33. Cervical Cancer.
    34. Thyroid Cancer.
    35. Prostate Cancer.
    36. Squamous cell carcinoma.
    37. Hematopoietic tumours of lymphoid lineage.
    38. Leukaemia.
    39. Acute lympathic Leukaemia.
    40. Acute lymphoblastic Leukaemia.
    41. B cell Lymphoma.
    42. T cell Lymphoma.
    43. Hodgkin lymphoma.
    44. Non Hodgkin lymphoma.
    45. Hairy cell lymphoma.
    46. Mantle cell lymphoma.
    47. Myeloma.
    48. Burketts Lymphoma.
    49. Myelongenous Lymphoma.
    50. Myelodyspastic syndrome.
    51. Promyelocyte Leukaemia.
    52. Mesenchymal tumours.
    53. Fibrosarcoma.
    54. Rhadyosarcoma.
    55. Astrocytoma
    56. Neuroblastoma.
    57. Glioma.
    58. Schwannomas.
    59. Seminoma.
    60. Teratocarcinoma.
    62. Osteosarcoma.
    63. Xenoderoma Pigmentosum.
    64. Keratoctanthoma.
    65. Thyoid Follicular Cancer.
    66. Kaposi’s sarcoma.

Now for what the community are saying as disappointing/frustrating !!

Progress on CV19 is slow and overly cautious - Ok, some (that I agree with firmly) have stated that the company's reputation is vital to protect and so caution is essential. The future of PharmAust could disappear if seen as a cowboy in the industry. I would add that there is significant competition for resources and patients with every major and many minor pharmas all working to find a solution to Covid-19. We need to present a compelling argument as to why PharmAust and Monepantel. It will come, I am 95% sure of it..... Zen, patience. (something I struggle with, but know i must).

Timelines and roadmaps - This is absolutely a point of contention with me. I acknowledge the curveball of Covid-19 but that does not negate the importance of a plan. Plans change, sure and best intentions get impeded through all sorts of complications and factors, but that is not an excuse for silence in this area. We are coming close to the AGM and also Annual report. I am many other investors will be calling this out loudly.

Promoting of the great stuff they do - @@NZ Trader would never forgive me if I did not put this in and he is right. But, it would appear that this leopard has no desire to change its spots. I can see this coming up at the AGM too. At some point, the flood gate will open and let's make sure the BoD know that the rank and file investors have expectations of reward and the better rewards come with the market knowing.

Clarity on confusion - at times we can clearly see shareholders being confused by content of announcements. It is not clear why the company doesn't release a clarification to the market. Point in case would be the Elanco timelines... Come on Team PharmAust - this is just simple stuff.

So that is what is rolling around in my head. I encourage others to share any other key reasons why we all invest here.

My final comment - We have all been underwhelmed on a number of fronts but the fact remains that every announcement has removed more risk and none in the past 12 months have written off an opportunity, far from it. I have wanted more dogs in the k9 trial, I have wanted more tests completed in the covid-19 trials, I have wanted all sorts - but mostly, I want a solid investment that takes this biotech to great things with great $. Slowly, carefully, strategically, they do seem to be getting there - even if i don't like the pace and even if they don't give me everything i want when i want it.

Have a great Friday all.

adreamer looking forward to the next exciting installment and in it for the long haul.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.015(8.57%)
Mkt cap ! $75.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 19.0¢ 18.0¢ $340.2K 1.839M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 85126 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 159277 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
0.015 ( 7.22 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.0¢ 19.0¢ 18.0¢ 1360996
Last updated 15.51pm 14/05/2024 ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.