NEU 0.48% $20.68 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Phase 2, page-18

1. 5,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17500
    No problem corgifan.

I thought that if I kept searching, kept trying to “solve the puzzle”, I’d finally find “the answer” to ADHD. I never did.

I’m not sure that any of the therapeutic approaches tried truly worked (and that included occupational therapy, speech therapy, supplements, movement programs, balance and eye therapies, kinesiology and medication for a couple of years). One thing I did learn is that there’s a fine line between trying everything you can to “help”, and potentially straining your parent/child relationship. It can be difficult to know when to push forward and when to step back.

Looking back, my recommendations centre around the simple, old-fashioned stuff.

Foster a love of books if you can. If they struggle to read, read for them.

Find engaging hobbies.

Try to find organising hacks that work for them – though I must admit, I never did!

Lots of outdoor play. Be careful with device time. Addiction sneaks up.

Try to find and emphasise the positives attached to their neurodiversity and point out the many high achievers across multiple disciplines who live with ADHD.

Involvement in organised sport was a biggie for us – team sport, gymnastics, martial arts etc - burning off excess energy, making friends and acting as part of a team, learning discipline and building self-esteem.

Advocate fiercely on their behalf, but also ensure that they learn to take responsibility for their own actions.

In adolescence, help them to get a casual job at as early an age as possible.

Other than that, just lots of patience (with them as well as with yourself) and, of course, love.

So sorry I have no magic bullet to report! All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.68
Change
-0.100(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $2.643B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.50 $20.74 $20.01 $5.091M 247.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 156 $20.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.68 256 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.