MSB 0.91% $1.11 mesoblast limited

Phase 3 DREAM HF-1 read-out, page-290

1. 5,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8927
    I was always of the mindset that the CLBP was the more likely phase 3 trial to succeed... I could pick holes in the CHF phase 3 trial, as that's probably why there has been so much discussion on it... there is scope for debate.

But for CLBP, in my view anyway... all signs are pointing to a positive read-out. Animal studies were exactly what you wanted to see (the treated sheep ended up with almost fully healed discs), phase 2 trial results were outstanding (3x treated patients vs placebo recorded >50% pain reduction & 15 point functional improvement) and the phase 3 trial had a 1 year-blinded summary endpoint review by MSB in Mar19 which was then followed by a Europe & Latin America partnership with Gruenthal.

@dplane brought up a valid point in that the endpoints are dependent on patients providing their feedback, which is always going to be subjective and imperfect... but outside of that, I haven't come across anything that would have me concerned.

But I will caveat that with the fact that nothing is ever 100%, and large scale phase 3 double-blinded randomised placebo controlled trials are designed to rigorously evaluate the efficacy of the treatment and it'll give us a clear answer one way or the other. But in this case, I feel even if the trial fails to meet the primary endpoints in our phase 3 trial, so long as the results are higher than what the FDA has guided as approvable composite primary endpoints - then MSB could still file for FDA approval.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
0.010(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $1.261B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.11 $1.07 $4.794M 4.399M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14500 $1.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 141676 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.