AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

I've been trying to warn people for weeks about this stock and...

1. 8,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8169
    I've been trying to warn people for weeks about this stock and the lengths they will go to to get people to invest. You can probably include paid posters on this and other forums as one of the forms of marketing. Advertising everywhere, pamphlets, tv, magazines and newspapers, phone calls to shareholders, it has been an extreme campaign.

Luckily the current price of IO is now and not 8 days ago. If it was 8 days ago then the IO assets of AGO would have had to be marked down to market levels in the accounts, which would bring up the real possibility of breeching the debt covenants asset valuations. In other words, any money put in would have ended up in the debt holders hands within a month as they pulled the plug ASAP to gain as much cash as possible. As it is they might demand a full asset valuation anyway as soon as the cap raise closes, to see if the company still meets solvency guidelines.
    Notice how quiet the debt holders have been throughout the cap raise?

IO was always going to fall in price, with an estimated 220mt/a coming online between now and next year. The uptick in the BDI a couple of weeks ago showed the increase was starting to happen. It is probably BHP, RIO and FMG trying to beat Gina to the good prices. Well they certainly have done that with the crash over the last week.

Should AGO get some actual cash in, and according to Shumsta he put in a couple of hundred thousand, then the company will keep on selling IO for a month or 2, but I doubt they will trade again.
    If no real cash has turned up at all, they are probably critically low on cash already, and might go into suspending operations again, keep going as a company for a month or 2, but again without trading at all.

If they do start trading next week, I'll be surprised, but I'd expect huge volumes to go through at 1c or less as the contractors try and unload everything they have, ie 820m shares and 820m options, likewise for existing holders, but don't get your hopes up.
    Atlas has just been a mess from start to finish with management somehow making the wrong call just about every step of the way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.