ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

Phone call from PIO today, page-124

1. 3,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1878
    Wow - again!

At the outset and from what you have noted - It seems to me that you are a very emotional poster - maybe that emotion carries across to your investment decision making? And if it does - it is my view that the cost to you may be significant. No need for the EFT stuff that you noted in your post. I am not interested in those sorts of "challenges"

I was weighing up whether to reply to you or not as I think you have lost sight of what was being discussed. For example - you use the term - "settle the score" twice. Suffice to note, there is not "score to settle". I do not understand your motive here.

I think you have completely and utterly misunderstood the term "opportunity cost". As of 20 minutes ago the TPM shares are showing a profit in the order of 705.41% - I guess I could have put that money in the bank. Anyway, that is neither here nor there. No more TPM discussion.

As to having PIO in and SMSF - I am not sure where that came from - but it does allow me to higihlight a basic principle of investing. Investing is forgoing something today (present) for some more tomorrow (future). That is investing basics.

In any event - I am not going to 'invest' in PIO - at this stage. I will buy the shares and pip trade them - I have made about 8k so far. I just ride on the emotion of other buyers. You say the SP will hit 6c again - brilliant! After buying at 3 (hopefully) I will double my cash - again.

The cold hard fact is that PIO - at this stage - is nothing more than a cash burning explorer. The CR is the company merely standing on the street corner holding its hand out and asking for cash to continue exploring / drilling and paying the bills to 'keep the lights on'. Whether you accept it or not - PIO spends money and lots of it. Do you know how much drilling costs? Executive and other salaries? Rent? Utilities? And on the list goes. Guess what - no income - yet!

Put simply, PIO does not meet what most would consider basic investment metrics. However, this is the speculative end of the market so no surprises there.

I have made my points re the CR. You go ahead and buy if you want to - your choice.

http://www.investopedia.com/article...09/five-must-have-metrics-value-investors.asp

"valuing the impact of sentiment on a commodity or stock"

I wouldn't try as I think it is a complete waste of time. I think that is the major point of departure as to how I invest and you invest.

And again, "When required, I am a calculated risk taker (with some decent failures) and can play poker as well"

I have posted on other threads on HC my view that I think that the prevalence of gamblers buying shares is greater than once was the case. Many seem to chase the instant hit and even the so called "long term buyers" watch every pip movement. Hardly the behaviour of an "investor"!

In my view buying PIO is gambling. Buying in the ASX 100 is investing. My investment rules prevent me from putting more than 1% of my cash into 'specs'. Maybe 2% if it looks like a good thing. Many longer term market participants have the same rules - it's nothing innovative. Why? Because I / we know it is more gambling than investing. Knowing the difference is key.

There is one person that posts here who claims to have around 24 million shares in PIO. Do the maths.

24,000,000 x 0.034 = $816,000 - so how many people do you know who would have $816,000 in a spec stock? And even more surprising - when the price was 6.9c that figure would have risen to $1,656,000. Anything is possible - I suppose? However, my BS radar says - 'that scenario is not very likely'. There is no substantial holder evidence to support that claim. It never ceases to amaze me how people overlook the detail and fail to question that which is glaringly obvious.

That poster is either an amazingly wealthy indivdual or a high rolling gambler. In my view they are not an investor.

I will cease there - better to just agree to disagree.

Good luck to you with whatever you do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.