IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

Phone Call to Ian Duffell

1. 13 Posts.
    Can confirm the posters who reached Ian are legitimate. I spoke to Ian for over 10 minutes just now. I've been leaving him voicemails since yesterday - he's definitely a very busy man.

The key points of our conversation:
    1. Video of the actual Roam-e working will be available this month, and he will be surprised if it doesn't reach a global audience as they are spending a lot of money on this. They actually planned to film last weekend, but the weather was bad so it was delayed. But no delay to video release. He also specifically said the video involves the actual Roam-e flying, not a simulation. There's an earlier post who said we may see the video by end of this week - maybe, but it sounds like it won't be this soon.

2. Dealer's launch/presentation will also happen this month. There will be a presentation in America. He made a clear distinction between dealer's launch and consumer's launch - the product won't be on the shelves for another few months, which brings me to the next point.

3. Roam-e was always planned to be an early Christmas present - the strategy is to release information to the world bit by bit to generate interest, similar to how apple markets their products. Ian did comment that it's been tough on the IOT team because many people seemed to be expecting Roam-e to be available at an instant. In reality IOT has only been listed for a couple of weeks, and introducing a product like Roam-e was always going to take time. He alluded to the famous saying Rome wasn't built in a day. My take is that, it's unfortunate that there was a massive hype created that led to irrational thinking by investors. Many traders/investors came in expecting everything to run smoothly and for the stock price to keep shooting upwards. They never planned to release/show the product by end of May - it's us investors who fell into the hype. Our speculation became expectations that were never going to be met because they weren't realistic in the first place. As far as Ian is concerned, the IOT team has met their own internal timelines so far.

4. Ian stressed that IOT group is not just about Roam-e - they have other product lines and are planning to introduce new products in the future as well. Even though Roam-e is obviously the current focus, there are a lot of other plans and discussions going on in the background.

5. Ian was very surprised at the market's reaction at yesterday's announcement - he considers the deal with AEE group to be absolutely massive given what AEE has to offer in the future. A simple google search will tell you a lot about AEE so I won't go into details.

To summarise, we investors need to be more patient. It's not the management's fault. It's the hype and speculation that led to unrealistic expectations we created ourselves. As for the share price, who knows what will happen in the short term. Speculative small cap stock prices are always going to fluctuate like crazy. Just keep in mind that the management is doing their job. People always say buying into hype is stupid - selling into the current unsubstantiated fear (a result of our hype/speculation in previous weeks) is probably not that intelligent as well. Stay patient, and there will be exciting times ahead.

GL and DYOR.

p.s. Yes, I did speak with Ian.

IMG_6720.PNG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.