PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Just thought I would throw my 2c (and expertise) in here......

1. 92 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Just thought I would throw my 2c (and expertise) in here...
    US6350383 mentioned above is a US Utility Patent that expires in 2017. It claims priority from an Australian patent lodged in 1997 by CSIRO. They did try to extend it with a "child" patent (US Application: 10/050,332) but it was abandoned due to the USPTO providing reasons for rejection.

Phoslock lodged another family of patents back in 2012/2013 in EU/US/CA/AU. They started via the PCT system had a clear international report issued (WO2014/094046) which is good, however the US has examined it since then and found quite a few issues (US Application: 14/428,167) and have issued a Final Rejection of the patent. Not the end of the world but definitely not a good sign. NB: The claims that the USPTO are examining are not the same as the clear international report.

Long story short, from what I can see they have one patent in force that expires next year and are struggling to get another patent granted. If they convince the USPTO then it's usually a bit easier to then convince the other big patent offices but only time will tell since all the other patent offices have not yet examined the 2012 patents.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.