PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Phoslock Presentation, page-8

1. 1,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 856

Hi Inchiquin and all

thanks for posting the roxton stuff. i can never seem to do the translate at home. i personal think that read very well, they will spend $75k to scare of the birds at this stage to limit the inflows but they will still need to do work on the lake. it sounds if the cost of dredging is the $9m so this might not get the go ahead because of costs, i believe i had read somewhere that Alum was not a product this area of the world longer recommended or permitted ? so that should count that out. with the cost of phoslock could be around the $1.5 to $2m mark so a lot cheaper than the dredging option, they have been studying the loc bromont so they know our system works. but as red says lets not get ahead of our self 

still having trouble going back to past posts from my end since we changed names, they had fixed this but this new layout on HC seems to cut of the past posts, very frustrating as i like to go back and check things, i had dates recorded of certain posts with links on that i like to check up on ever now and then. , is very one else having the same trouble ??

because i can go back to past post i googled and came up with the below that geoffo had posted in november, that gives the size comparasion between loc bromont and roxton 

he application of Phoslock in Roxton Lake is being considered to address phosphorus problems, favorable to the proliferation of cyanobacteria. After ten years of study and 40 years of existence, the Roxton Lake Environment Committee is moving into a search for solutions to restore this water body, which is aging prematurely.

Committee members and biologist Caroline Bisson met with the representative of Phoslock, who was in the area two weeks ago for the application of the product of the same name in Lake Bromont. They also attended the demonstration day.
    This option is being considered for Roxton Lake, now that the largest external sources of phosphorus have been eradicated since sewer construction for local residents. It should, however, be combined with other methods.
    "We are targeting the same problem they have in Bromont: the lake has a significant internal phosphorus load," explains Bisson, who works for the committee and is president of the SÉTHY Foundation. That means that for decades, there has been phosphorus that has accumulated in sediments. We can see that this phosphorus, which breaks up in the lake, is more important than what comes from outside. We want to try to capture it to reduce the amount we have in the water column. "
    When it is hot, the deepest layers of the lake are deprived of oxygen, which causes the release of phosphorus.

Biologist Caroline Bisson and a few representatives from the Lake Roxton Environment Committee attended the Phoslock Spreading Demonstration on Lake Bromont. They consider this solution to restore Roxton Lake.
    Julie Catudal
    Costs to be evaluated
    Application of the Phoslock product to Bromont Lake in Australia has been authorized by the Ministry of Sustainable Development, Environment and the Fight Against Climate Change. This was a first in Quebec and a pilot project to allow its use elsewhere in the province.
    "We have made a request to T2 Environnement, which is updating the studies we have had for a long time to be able to obtain authorizations, if any, from the department," adds Marcel Lamoureux. chairman of the committee. Phoslock is an approach that we will study. But Lake Bromont is 0.5 km2, while Lake Roxton is 1.9 km2. If I draw a parallel with the costs in Bromont, I dare not imagine, "he adds with a laugh.
    In Bromont, it took only $ 615,000 to apply the product made of clay and lanthanum. Price depends on many factors, including the amount of phosphorus in the sediment.
    Not a single problem
    T2 Environnement's report is expected by Christmas. "It's a prefeasibility study. Of course, that will give us an idea of the costs of the solution and, above all, if it answers our problem, "continues Ms. Bisson. It's a bit of all that you need to know. We will not invest in a solution that does not respond to our problem and surely that it will be multiple solutions combined for a restoration of the lake. "
    Phosphorus in sediments is not the only problem. The 2016 water tests show that a tributary, Robidoux Creek, has a poor water quality. Work will continue to be done in urban areas, but also with farmers around Robidoux Creek.
    Floating Islands
    Another problem: floating islands that could affect the use of Phoslock. "Before there was the dam at Roxton Pond, it was a pond surrounded by wetlands. With the dam, it has raised the water level and the [floating islands] are these swamp residues that are coming off the bottom. It's like a pile of branches, dirt and all sorts of things that come to the surface and come down again. "
    They also present risks for the safety of boaters who can get stuck in boats in these often submerged islands. "If we want to remove them, it will take us the authorizations of the Ministry of Environment because it is like dredging, says the biologist. We must integrate it into our game plan. "
    The damage caused by geese, which recently arrived on the lake for their annual passage, will also be assessed.
    The Roxton Lake Environmental Committee is celebrating its fortieth anniversary this year. On Saturday, the board of directors presented the efforts made in the past year to raise awareness about the health of the lake, as part of their annual general meeting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.