PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Hi to all Have been away and have had extended periods of no...

1. 805 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Hi to all
    Have been away and have had extended periods of no internet hence have not been able to follow the posts as I would have liked..
    I am pleased to see that we have got off the personal nature of some of the posts. Obviously such posts are not helpful and can tend to discourage some people from expressing there views for fear of unnecessary personal attack and this is a pity. I personally enjoy reading the views of as many people as possible as this tends to help give as a balanced view on any particular topic. Obviously I don't agree with the views of everyone all of the time

Now for the patent. Firstly on a positive note I do not believe that the company will not be successful in its current patent application and thus WILL gain exclusivity for its product going forward. Obviously that outcome can't be guaranteed but I believe the actions of the company and other interested parties supports the speculation that the application outcome will be positive.
    Of course as I just said such an outcome cannot be guaranteed but is a negative outcome terminal for the company. IMHO it is unlikely to be terminal.
    There are many reasons why I have drawn that conclusion. The PHK technology is not just the patented technology. The know how, credentials of the company and its reputation supported by the trademark and the mountain of back up material and market penetration would combine to give PHK substantial competitive advantage in the event of the entry of others into the market. Further the given the nature of the product and the processes and refinements involved it would be difficult to produce a generic PHK.
    The other relevant advantage is in my view the massive potential market which surely leaves room for other players. As PHK has pointed out cost is not the only consideration when tenders are assessed. I think a monopoly would be nice but not essential for the success of PHK.
    Having said all that I am fairly confident that the new patent application will be granted. Fingers crossed!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.