AEV 0.00% 0.4¢ avenira limited

'once institutions wake up see the potential, these companies...

1. 13,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    'once institutions wake up see the potential, these companies are potential 10-baggers.'

----------------------------------------------------------
    Will Phosphate Be Canada's Next Potash?
    By Pension Pulse
    Benzinga Contributor
    July 01, 2011 9:20 AM

I wanted to know more on phosphate. Paul introduced me to Brian Ostroff of Windermere Capital, another extremely sharp manager with years of experience. Brian knows his stuff on mining stocks. He told me that his fund is a an excellent diversifier in an overall portfolio but too volatile when looked at on a standalone basis. He and his investors own almost 20% of Ressources d'Arianne and firmly believes in their Canada Phosphate potential. "My only concern is that management is going to find growth challenges ahead that they're not prepared to deal with right now which is why I'm actively involved on finding competent board of directors."

My entire discussion with Brian was just as fascinating as my previous one with Jacques and Paul. He told me to read an article on phosphate independence which was published in The Energy Report (click here to download article) and inform myself on the importance of phosphate for fertilizer. He told me the two biggest producers are Agrium (AGU) and Mosaic (MOS). He told me that Mosaic is currently in court fighting to keep a plant in Florida open -- one that produces close to 18% of Mosaic's total phosphate production. "If that plant shuts down, fertilizer prices will shoot through the roof." As far as which countries have huge phosphate deposits, he told me that Morocco has the biggest deposits in the world but given its political climate, companies are looking elsewhere. That's where Canada comes into the picture.

I found the discussion on phosphate fascinating and the fact that we have deposits here in Quebec bodes well for our economy. Paul told me a lot of Quebec resource companies are small, have small capitalization, but once "institutions wake up see the potential, these companies are potential 10-baggers."

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/11/07/1221904/will-phosphate-be-canadas-next-potash#ixzz1R02yDucY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.396M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $37.30K 9.294M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 7037099 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 1677255 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.