AEV 0.00% 0.5¢ avenira limited

phosphate

1. 3,170 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    whilst we wait for an update on the ihp plant and figure out what this 12.5c buyer is up to here is another angle on opportunities for mak:

Moroccan phosphate industry one to watch

There's concern the Moroccan Government's moves to increase its stake in global phosphate production could threaten supply in Australia.

New mining and processing infrastructure is being constructed in the north African kingdom as the country aims towards producing 40 per cent of the world's phosphate supply by 2020.

But political instability could affect the rate of exapnsion.

Agrifutures consultant Rob Napier says Morocco holds two-thirds of the world's phosphate reserves.

"If it was oil we were talking about, with a country with such a big monopoly we would be very nervous, and so I'd be suggesting that we do get Morocco and this political (in)stability and the way they're developing their phosphate reserves right on our radar.

"When you've got one country that has between 60 and 75 per cent of the global reserves of a resource, and if that resource is important to us, then we need to monitor what's going on in that country and understand that there could be volatility in prices and see what we can do about it," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-17/morocco-phosphate/5263598

could be a strategic idea to have an ASX listed company with phosphate assets in morocco. mak has cornerstone ivnvestor with moroccon phosphate assets (i think)

anyho dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.