AEV 0.00% 0.5¢ avenira limited

Yes, in semi-retirement I now only have a small farm of 48 ha,...

1. RVR
    6,299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2334
    Yes, in semi-retirement I now only have a small farm of 48 ha, but fertiliser costs are just ridiculous now - and nobody cares about this, and other massive cost imposts ( chemical sprays, rabbit and fox predation, fuel, machinery replacement, etc, etc. Meanwhile the prices for farm production output have hardly changed in a decade. And I haven't even mentioned regular drought and water problems.
    But nobody really cares; you can always find even cheaper imported products on the supermarket shelves....
    Thank heavens I sold 'the big 1200ha farm' 15 years ago - after I finally realised that the Woolies CEO, to whom we had just sold our prime yearling beef quarterly output at a sale yard auction for 10% below our production cost, was able to lie on ABC 7.30 that WW 'always paid top prices for OUR prime FRESH yearling beef'!
    So after looking at the lousy returns versus risk on the large capital investment required for primary food production, now I gamble on the stock market instead. At least I have some control over what I do; Australian farmers have NO effective say in the prices of their product. But nobody really cares.....
    Sorry about the rant...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $484 88.54K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 2947616 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 10091525 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.