KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

First of all, the original article posted clearly stipulates in...

1. 118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

First of all, the original article posted clearly stipulates in its conclusion, the findings of the study.

'Overall, there is a strong implication that interventions which enhance PI3K/Akt functioning might mitigate the downstream effects of Aβ and tend to prevent the development of AD. This could be accomplished by agents which inhibited the action of tyrosine phosphatases.'

The pi3k pathway is disregulated in a huge number of diseases. In cancer, there are known mutations that increase the activity of the pi3k pathway. This is what has given rise to therapeutics which target it and 'switch it off' or 'inhibit it'. Just like gdc-0084.

There are many articles about the disregulation of the pathway in alzheimers, but I cannot find one that suggests that a pi3k inhibitor will be beneficial. In fact everything I have so far looked at talks about targeting PTEN or enzymes to help regulate the pi3k pathway, not inhibit it. In fact, with reference to the information in that first article, it seems that by throwing a pi3k inhibitor down an alzheimer sufferers gob, you would exponentially influence the deterioration of their condition.

If anyone has anything that specifically references using a pi3k inhibitor for the treatment of alzeihmers, by all means, please share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.