KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Yes once a drug is approved for use in one condition and the...

1. 2,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1723
    Yes once a drug is approved for use in one condition and the side effects are reasonably known (Paxalisib has an excellent profile regarding safety) some doctors may go off label and try it for other conditions but it can’t be marketed for an off label use and probably only some doctors will go off label.... it’s a certain not all of them will given insurances and potential risk etc.

We will have to go through a proper trial process to be approved for use in a specific condition - but having said this we already have a maximum tolerated dose etc and James has informed us in recent interviews that being approved in your first condition is the hardest and most arduous milestone - approvals are generally easier after this.

it seems to me and this is me projecting - that the larger the potential market of the treatment the larger the cohort of trial subjects required - but also the greater the availability of these subjects given those larger numbers of sufferers.

if DiPG lands a PRV and its averaged associated financial windfall, then we would most certainly have the funds to pursue this condition and the condition seems to be an affliction of the modern age with a growing population of suffers so things could move quite quickly - I believe it’s also disproportionately represented in affluent western countries - which maybe says something about modern lifestyles and diets etc.

if the company had an opportunity to help fund a research partner in the early stages of this area of discovery - we should grab that with both hands... the opportunity to improve lives is massive.

it is a different condition, and so I’m sure though we have a maximum tolerated dose in other conditions we would still go through the phase 1 process but with the knowledge we already have from other conditions... offering some benefit no doubt.

Thanks Needle you brastard you just added another few billion dollars not currently represented in the SP making things look even worse whilst also looking good...

you’re driving me crazy with these excellent finds!

thank you

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.