MSB 2.51% 97.0¢ mesoblast limited

Pick Today's Price Range Low-High... Just for Fun, page-1059

1. 342 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 369
    Whytee’s thinking in his/her post below is certainly that the retail holder is the greater fool in this game. Maybe that’s his/her view (somehow I wonder how he/she is remunerated for what seems to be this long held view, since he/she is not a SH but keeps coming back to promote negative views - why spend all that time and effort?)

However, what Whytee has not reported back on, after researching the good doctor, is why Dr. George should want to arbitrage away any advantage of a big versus small shareholder, or rip them off - the structure of Surgcenter is a collaborative partnership and since founding it in 1993/94, he had held his share until the sale to Tenet only in 2021. He sounds very much like a long term player/investor to me. Arbitrage, in contrast, is a very short term game. Dr. George is also buying and holding shares through family members, presumably his sons. Why not just give them cash? Lastly and importantly, while his cash is not unlimited, he could, not inconceivably, open doors (such as that of Tenet) for the company. Just as Whytee speculates negatively about this large shareholder of the company being focused on making a quick buck, I am going to take an opposite view, and not just for the sake of it. Has it occurred to anyone that to get the doctors to start using the therapies that may become available, the company could distribute them through hospitals and ambulatory surgery centres or ASCs, other than through salesmem working for big pharmas?

“Gregory George is a US opthalmologist and an entrepreneur who participated in founding a chain of Medical Clinics called SurgCentre. When he and his fellow founders sold it a few years ago they got a few hundred million dollars. So his cash isn't unlimited but it's surely substantial enough for him to take a controlling stake in Mesoblast. His previous purchases at a higher price don't suggest he's really got some magical touch. One thing you can be sure of, Gregory George puts his interests well above those of small retail holders.“

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.