pictures that damn hezbollah, page-11

1. 5,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    source: MSNBC, 7/28, Tucker Carlson]

REP. JOHN MURTHA EXTENDED HIS TRUTHFUL VIEW OF IRAQ TO THE UNFOLDING FIASCO IN LEBANON. In an interview with NBC’s Tucker Carlson, Murtha said: “The more military force we use, just by its very nature, when you go into a place and you blow buildings up and you kill people, you make enemies.... For instance, I just saw a poll in Lebanon now where 80% of the people, Christians and Shi’a, support the Hezbollah. Now, this is the kind of things that happens when you use military force and expect that to be the ultimate solution. That just does not work.”

On diplomacy: “We have to have a diplomatic effort with Syria -- serious diplomatic effort, serious with Iran, because obviously they’re the ones behind this whole thing. Then, Israel is going to be in the same position we’re in in Iraq. They’re going to have problems justifying overwhelming military force and there’s going to be a backlash.”

On “democracy”: “Democracy in itself doesn’t solve the situation. And I think it’s idealistic but it’s unrealistic to think that you’re going to solve these problems just by saying the word ‘democracy.’ You have to have the support of the people, not only in the country itself but in the surrounding areas. And I think that’s what we’re beginning to lose with the military action which is happening in Iraq and the fact that we’ve become the occupiers.” [mob]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.