CSK 0.00% 37.0¢ crowdspark ltd

pie link vs mini web phone

1. 2,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    I was at the Darwin airport on Tuesday and got another chance to check out the web phone, on the screen telstra were advertising pink ribbon day as well as links to google and yahoo mail on the automated screen saver...
    I can't remember seeing this last time I checked one out in Melbourne a few months ago, maybe telstra are getting their head around the advertising abilities of the web phone.
    I had a chance to really put the web phone through it's paces, this time using the entire time I had paid for ( usually I'm running too late) , and was impressed with the web phone overall.

One thing I did notice was when I sat back down, I thought I would try out the wifi connection on my iPad but my iPad would not pick up a signal from the web phone. Is the wifi turned on, on the web phone?
    Was it turned on for the telstra trial?

Please remember I'm not tech minded so it could have been user error...

I then went through to the international departure lounge where I was surprised to find an old pie link machine sitting next to the entrance of one of the gates, I wanted to go and give it a try but there was a small group of teenage girls on it the entire time, (I was there 2 hours).
    Anyway I'm hoping you guys know which machine I'm talking about, it's the one with the seat and it's kinda boxy looking and rather ugly...
    Pretty sure it was called a "pie link".

I then started thinking about the Ann of the development of the web phone mini, and am looking forward to hearing more about the progress via future Ann...
    I believe telstra have requested the development of the web phone mini exactly for situations such as the the international departure lounge in Darwin and other less populated slightly lower traffic areas, and believe they would not want to be branding the pie link with the telstra brand...it is not really a great looking machine...
    It will prob also replace many of the smaller blue pay phones that are common place in pubs, clubs and shopping centers...

I'm not sure about the history of pie but the pie link was maybe a first gen web phone??? That they prob don't have in production any longer???

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.