OCV octaviar limited

My regular Google search found another couple of interesting...

1. 206 Posts.
    My regular Google search found another couple of interesting websites.

8th Annual Practical Insolvency Gala and Dinner (31Mar-2Apr)http://www.traillassociates.com.au/reg/files/Insolvency_Conf_Programme.pdf

"5A. ATO Garnishee Notices
    While I was researching section 260-5 notices I came across a couple of interesting judgments involving the surrender of security.
    Section 260-5 notices (the former section 218 notices) are the administrative means by which the ATO can transform itself from an unsecured, to a secured creditor, without preference risk, to the detriment of all other unsecured creditors. Philip will review a number of recent cases in which such notices
    have featured:
    • Brown v Brown (2008).
    • Re Bruton Holdings (2007) and 2008
    • Uratoriu v The Commissioner of Taxation (2008)
    • Re Octaviar Ltd (2008)
    And ponder on some of the difficult issues they give rise to:
    • How (but more critically) when is a section 260-5 fixed charge created?
    • The commissioner has said he will not rely on the 2008 Bruton decision – but what does that
    mean for practitioners?
    • Will automatic crystallisation defeat a 260-5 notice?
    • Can the insolvent transaction regime be used to overturn the creation of the charge?
    • What is the effect of section 468 on the creation of a section 260-5 fixed charge?"

During the Road Show JH noted that PIF had equal footing to the other major creditors, including the ATO ($60). Probably technically correct at the time, but she made no mention of the S260-5 notices. Ouch. I guess the Cth needs the $ to pay for the inquiry into why my financial advisor put me into PIF.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.