XJO 0.23% 7,999.3 s&p/asx 200

pilatus - donkey wednesday, page-30

1. Well, there's been plenty of thread cranking headlines today!

I'd like to add a new indicator, but I probably need redbacka to chart it!
    "BiggDaddy's donkey carrot dangling ratio indicator"
    It seems to me that our beloved BiggD is representative of a very large and significant portion of the trading public, but he has the info at hand to be prepared. It's an emotional roller coaster, and once the carrot that's been dangled has sucked in enough people, THEN the (really)big market players can strike. How to avoid taking the carrot? I suppose if you eat enough that give you gastroenteritis, you start to not chase them so much!
    I figure that once BiggD has started buying, it's time to go short as a Scotmans arm reaching for his wallet.

There IS no exact science, as the manipulation is so enormous. Do we really believe that the European problems are STILL being blamed or praised, several months on, for the daily ups and downs of the markets? Why does't someone report "Goldman Sachs and co decided that today was going to be a big shorting day, so the Dow dropped 217 points when they switched on the computers and all other major players followed" Then reverse the next day, ad infitum.
    We can't play TA the way it was 10 years ago, as the computer trading has changed the world, and it's also part of why I see little relevance in martis putting up 1929 charts. The world is different, VERY different.
    Doesn't mean it's not relevant, but imo it's apples and oranges, or carrots! Today, the computers can be smart enough to analyse trading patterns and actually guess what the TA traders will be thinking, and pre empt or burn them at will. Dangerous place out there, so capital preservation is king, so tight stops and keep that string from whipping back at you on ya donkey's carrot!

They might pull Europe out of the mire and run like mad later in the week, who knows!! It's what the big boys want that will happen imo, nothing to do with politics really!

Or perhaps as Volt's due back any time now, this one's more appropriate! (We can see who planted the kiss on your donkey's cheek in first post BD!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.