DEG 4.59% $1.14 de grey mining limited

And if I recall the KL options with DEG are for a full year less...

1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    And if I recall the KL options with DEG are for a full year less (2019 expiration) vs KL's Novo Options (2020 expiration) for a staggering 84 Mil.

In my opinion KL's options in Novo are more of a blocking and keep the control in the family longterm investment. Whereas with DEG options provide KL a foot in the door on the next Pilbara Plant (new), free ride on conglomerates and a growing conventional resource. One statement KL made , last November, that I believe is very important to remember. They clearly stated "We are a mining company and we don't think our shareholders want us doing what someone else is doing" ( ie Novo).

What if the KL original motivation for a stake in DEG was for Conventional Mining, to justify a sizable multi-purpose plant and fast tracking the trial mining for Novo/KL(JV).

Of course, I'm only speculating, and it's a fair comment to say, they "simply were staking more conglomerate lands" on the cheap. But doing DEG for this reason after already holding a stake in Novo's 12000 sq/km doesn't seem like a logical - next step.

For only 6.5 M I don't think they really care when they exercise but if it's early (say at DEG's request) and they comply, what would that tell us?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.050(4.59%)
Mkt cap ! $2.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.15 $1.10 $13.39M 11.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 380096 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 204419 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.