RAC 2.74% $1.50 race oncology ltd

Pillar 1 - FTO (new thread), page-1495

1. 49 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    I'm sure that most people are aware of @Mason14's YT series (of which I hope there are more coming!) Where he goes through his analysis on Zantrene. It's a really well presented video and really demistifies how Zantrene works as an FTO inhibitor.

Highly recommended for those who haven't seen it yet.

This did leave me with a couple of questions, answers of which I thought might be beneficial to overall groupthink. These questions are open to all in the Brainstrust by the way!

1) You mention the key impacts from FTO inhibition for cancers that naturally over-express FTO being, slowing down the Cell cycle, reduction in cellular metabolism, increased cell suicide, increased immune evasion through expression of immune checkpoints. My question is are these impacts the summation of all potential impacts for all FTO OE cancers or can we expect all of these impacts to be present within each FTO OE cancer?
    2) In order to determine if a clinical response is achieved for a patient, would the results be assessed at an aggregate level? (ie. will results from clinical trials be attributable down to the specific effects that you have identified, ie. measuring cell cycle arrest, reduction in metabolism, etc.)
    3) This is possibly due to a lack of knowledge on my part as I have a finance background, but am I right to say that the body does actually kill some cancer cells naturally, however, due to the PD1 'camouflage', the high growth characteristics of cancerous cells, etc. it's more akin to a losing battle without treatment? In other words, through enough impact on the cellular functions of cancer cells from FTO inhibition (as well as combined therapies with PD1/L inhibitors and other potential synergies) this could turn the tide of battle, so to speak and kill the cancer easier than current SOC?
    4) Keytruda, as you pointed out in another post, can cost up to $350,000 per patient through a full course of treatment. Given Zantrene could have a significantly greater impact than just an immune checkpoint inhibitor, should we expect the cost of treatment per patient to be significantly higher than Keytruda? (ie. is effectiveness of treatment directly related to the cost of treatment?) I guess this is a separate question to overall market potential given FTO inhibition has more indications that PD1 therapies, so my current thinking is the cost of treatment would be higher, and the potential number of applicable patients could be higher as well (double whammy!)
    5) For cancers that do not over-express FTO, does FTO still drive the same key functions as per Q1, only at a more moderated level? Do we know if FTO inhibition could still provide some benefit for the treatment of these types of cancers?

It must always be said that the RACE community of investors is one of the best at collaboration and shared thinking that I have seen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.