RAC 7.67% $1.87 race oncology ltd

Pillar 1 - FTO (new thread), page-15

1. 11,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29636
    [posting this where it can be easily found]

Originally posted by @RaceOncology here:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/49957440/single

The FTO mechanism of action of Bisantrene works by changing the m6A methylation level on mRNA. This affects which mRNA molecules are translated into proteins. Greatly simplified, the reason why one cell is different to another in your body is due to the proteins contained inside of the cell. All cells have the same DNA and genes, but only some of those genes are transcribed (made into mRNA: DNA -> mRNA) and then translated (made into proteins: mRNA to proteins) in each cell. Unsurprisingly, there are systems inside the cell that regulate which genes are transcribed and also which mRNAs are translated.

One of most important of these regulatory systems has turned out to be the m6A RNA methylation system which happens to be regulated (in part) by FTO. When FTO is overexpressed (i.e. more produced by the cell) then the levels of m6A can get too low causing a global change in the proteins produced by the cell. This often happens with cancer cells which is why a potent inhibitor of FTO like Bisantrene is such an interesting potential anti-cancer agent and why I am so excited about our Pillar 1 program.
    Last edited by wombat777: 05/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.87
Change
-0.155(7.67%)
Mkt cap ! $317.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.03 $2.08 $1.86 $706.9K 357.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2637 $1.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.87 577 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.