RAC 0.00% $1.61 race oncology ltd

Just looking at the Breast Cancer announcement again, it looks...

1. 2,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2824
    Just looking at the Breast Cancer announcement again, it looks like MCR-F7 and MB-231 cell lines were used. Whilst both overexpress FTO, research paper on lipid metabolism gene FTO (Yazhuo Liu, et al) noted that MDA MB-231 had more significant FTO overexpression than MCR-F7.

My interpretation of the Breast Cancer announcement was that Bisantrene performed significantly better than MCR-F7 as compared to Doxorubicin and Eporubicin. However, the results for MB-231 appear to show marginal benefits from Bisantrene.

Is it possible to deduce from the above whether Bisantrene is less effective in treating Breast Cancer with overexpressed FTO, because the outcome of MB-231 does not appear to be as significant compared with MCR-F7? Why / Why not?

In an attempt to answer my own question - I understand the results relate to Bisantrene and Doxorubicin's effectiveness against MB-231 and not necessarily the effectiveness against FTO overexpression. So potentially Doxorubicin was just was comparatively good against this cell line, but does not necessarily suggest Bisantrene is not useful in treating cell lines that have overexpression of FTO.

It would be good to confirm my understanding of the above, given I am an investor and not a scientist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.61
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $273.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.61 $1.66 $1.60 $207.2K 127.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 25510 $1.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.64 12000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.49pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.