RAC 2.92% $1.94 race oncology ltd

No worries at all, Adam. From my understanding, yes! This figure...

1. 973 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11026
    Great questions, FB. Looking back over that article I have linked, the dollar amount includes things like rehabilitation and hospitals as well as drugs. While important, I have to say that I am less concerned about actual dollar value and moreso interested in the connections being made through science. The take away for me is that it is a multi-billion dollar industry and there is relationship.

Haha you're asking questions that I am trying to piece together. The way it currently makes sense to me is people who have genetic predisposition to have elevated FTO are more likely to eat food, drink, and take drugs and develop addictions - I think the reverse is true that people who drink and take a lot of drugs elevate the levels of FTO. The elevated expression of FTO stimulates the reward learning centre via a dopamine neuron/network. I think that inhibition of FTO would influence the dopamine network which would have a downstream effect on the reward learning centre - it's difficult for me to conceptualise this and understand the effect as there are not many studies in this area that I have found, yet. One study in FTO-null mice who were pretreated with cocaine (great time for them) showed some results, but I am struggling to make clear sense of it. I'm yet to find a study that has inhibited FTO in the brain and watched the side effects.

I suspect the aberrant FTO expression in the brain that influences reward learning is a result of our environment - thinking maybe something like sugar stimulation or overconsumption, which hyperstimulates that mechanism - I don't know!

In the second screenshot of the post above, you'll see that FTO expression is linked with schizophrenia, so yeah there is potential there.

This is all irrelevant if RAC are not going to try and demonstrate that Bisantrene crosses the blood brain barrier and executes an effect (there may already be data that I'm just not aware of). Some studies that could show Bisantrene crosses the BBB and influences m6A content in the brain is a Phase I dose escalation study in glioblastoma (GBM) patients (City of Hope confirmed Bisantrene significantly reduced tumor volume in this cancer type below) and the preclinical EM AML mouse model which could have CNS involvement.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3124/3124347-2959264486789b870722cbba9d04d604.jpg

For now, I'm trying to find if researchers commented on the behaviour of a living creature following Bisantrene dosing.

@FreeBobby2002 I think that you can start to appreciate that we have more questions than answers, such is the case with science. With time comes answers and a lot more questions. Personally, I err on the side of excitement with the unknown.
    No worries at all, Adam. From my understanding, yes! This figure below helped me understand the relationship between FTO and cancer that you can refer to if you like. Starting from the left, you'll see that m6A (light blue box) is changed by FTO (dark blue box) to A (light blue box), which is linked to the two purple boxes that can be described as 'fat mass gaining' and 'cancer progression'. The increase in body fat also is linked to cancer risk. Put very simply and not necessarily meant to be a linear relationship, but the more FTO that you have would mean that this effect would happen faster. Obesity as well as every cancer type has been linked to higher amounts of FTO. Although, there may be some cancers that do not have high amounts of FTO, which is normal. Cancer is not one thing, rather numerous things. It's just that FTO is a common mechanism a lot of cancers utilize.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3124/3124376-9184c8a92d382bb9e50fd88b39c19766.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.