RAC 0.34% $1.45 race oncology ltd

If I may, @shyaam19961. It will bind to FTO in all cells. 2. The...

1. 862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9652
    If I may, @shyaam1996

1. It will bind to FTO in all cells.

2. The reason some cancerous cells are sensitive to Zantrene and FTO inhibition is because they are utilizing upregulated FTO to drive tumorigenesis. Therefore, they are sensitive to the disruption of upregulated m6a mRNA demethylation (by an FTO inhibitor). Inhibiting this upregulated process (which is upregulated relative to a normal cell) influences the cancer cells ability to hide from the immune system, resist anti-cancer therapies, growth, make energy, divide, move, and metastasise. However, when you compare that to a normal cell, whose survival does not rely on upregulated m6A mRNA demethylation, cellular function is not as affected because the cell is not utilizing upregulated FTO to drive all the cellular functions - it is 'balanced' across all the m6A mRNA modifying proteins (ALKBH5, METTL3, METTL14, for example).

This isn't a great example, but if you think about a car (cancer cell) needing a particular type of fuel (FTO). If you block (Zantrene) the fuel (FTO) from going into the car (cancer cell), the car won't go anywhere. However, if you have another groovy car (normal cell) that doesn't require specific fuel (can be either ALKBH5 or FTO, and/or others), then blocking (Zantrene) the fuel (FTO) going into the car won't have as much effect, because it is not relying solely on one fuel type. Again, bad example, but I hope you get the idea.

The paper that you are quoting is very important to read. FTO is absolutely fundamental to development, yet the babies were able to survive gestation, birth, and very early life up to 3-years of age (all periods where development is arguably it's greatest and most important). When you compare that to a fully developed person requiring cancer treatment, whose normal cells would not have great dependency on FTO, I highly doubt that a 1 or 2 month course of an FTO inhibitor would have that much negative effect. Also, we have a plethora of data showcasing patients taking Zantrene for extended periods of time at doses far exceeding those required for FTO inhibition without any serious side effects.
    Last edited by Mason14: 17/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
-0.005(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $242.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.46 $1.50 $1.43 $62.91K 43.17K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5700 $1.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 591 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.46
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.44 $1.49 $1.43 9034
Last updated 13.08pm 24/05/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.