QAN 0.33% $6.12 qantas airways limited

mike_au1,Valid question and the short answer is a definite yes....

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    mike_au1,

Valid question and the short answer is a definite yes. A 777 300-ER is capable of seating 365 pax (3 class config) or 451 (2 class config). These numbers are much greater than the A330-300 can currently carry, with more fuel efficiency and greater range. Qantas currently operates the A330-300 extensively on its Asian services and even to LAX via Auckland so the 777 would be a good fit.

I have been on a 777 whilst travelling overseas, awesome aeroplane, huge inside and very quiet.Ask any pilot and they will tell you how good the reputation and performance of the 777 is.

Also, I just spoke to a QAN First Officer today and it seems that QAN already has a shortage of Second Officers due to no recent recruitment and some going to Jetstar (and then Emirites) whilst on leave without pay from QAN. This is not rumour, the Second Officer for his flight today was a Captain, as QAN had no S/O's for the trip and any flight over 8 hours duration needs to be a 3 pilot operation. Also was told guys going to Emirites as F/O's are looking at 3-5 years tops for a command position. Emirites have ordered 98 A380's and have a massive task to find suitably qualified pilots in the next two years. I suppose they have no worries though, QAN have been kind enough to pay for the training of hundreds of pilots who are now jumping ship in numbers(smart move once again by management). This pilot shortage will become a huge issue for QAN within the next few years (IMO).

Surfrat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.12
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.972B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.15 $6.08 $14.00M 2.290M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 68170 $6.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.12 25980 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.