QAN 1.00% $6.09 qantas airways limited

pilot shortage, page-6

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Thanks levonaronian, you saved me the trouble.

Bossdog, these figures tell me that the salaries are fairly similar, of course bearing in mind that there are different aircraft types and pay scales for each type.

Overall, seems that QAN are not paying "over the top" wages as the public may believe. Simply, the job of a Pilot is well paid, just like any professional Accountant, Surveyor, lawyer, architect so people need to acknowledge this and stop complaining about the high pay. The fact is, the market dictates that some jobs pay more than others and this applies to Airline Pilots as well. I believe that technical crew for Cathay and Singapore are earning similar as well, if not more. As for Emirites, Qatar, Gulf Air, Etihad etc... they are all paying slightly higher (from what I am told) but also offer the tax advantages, free tickets back home for family a few times a year, private schooling for kids etc..

Piloting is a very high responsibility, skilled and demanding job, so in my books, 100-300K is not over the top pay rates.

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
0.060(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.10 $6.11 $6.04 $25.10M 4.146M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8587 $6.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.09 127451 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.