pink batts royal commission begins monday, page-66

1. 47,191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hairyback

Re your post which requested information about the KPIs i use to assess the performace of our pollies and their parties; my apologies for taking so long to reply, I've been busy laying turf and installing a roller door motor.

I've mentioned my KPIs many times before so none of what is listed below is new.

They include detailing a dynamic and progressive vision for our future, documenting the policies to achieve that vision, outlining the strategic action plan for timely implementation together with key milestones and targets.

Viewed differently they include Australia's macro-economic performance, social cohesion and interdependence, cultural enrichment including education, engagement with science and technology.

I expect our leaders to construct a narrative that embraces these and thereby musters the commitment of mainstream Australians to achieving them.

Kevin Rudd captured the public imagination with his vision, policies, plans and targets. A mixture of the GFC, Rudd's selfies, internal Party disunity and Tony Abbott's exploitation of those meant that he was unable to carry through and deliver that vision.

Julia Gillard presented a regurgitated version of Rudd's vision but threw in the NDIS and Gonski funding for Rudd's 'Education Revolution'. She had no narrative, was seen to be appeasing The Greens to gain power and never harnessed public support.

Thus far Tony Abbott's Govt is a clear fail, having already wasted the political capital afforded to first term governments, still talking about shaming and blaming, constantly making backflips and speaking from multiple portholes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.