RHK 3.45% 90.0¢ red hawk mining limited

PIOP even more important to TIO’s future?

1. 150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251

SHARECHAT.CO.NZ notes that on the NZ NBR Rich List the ToddFamily, with $3.5 billion, (up from $3.3 billion a year ago) in now thirdon this NZ rich list. In the 80s the Todd family was number one of the original rich listers.

The Todd family interests are in energy and property.

In recent times NZResources.com was a web regularly publishing detailsabout the resource companies in NZ, however its last edition was on 29/1/2019.

In part I quote sections of thislast posting as follows (highlighting by me);-

“Why are we closing? The regression under the Ardern CoalitionGovernment has been dramatic, and some of the myopic comments show that manylogical things are missing in the current Government, including:
    JacindaArdern’s charisma is one thing but herobsession with climate change is a major over-reach for NZ and has alreadygutted investment in oil and gas production vital to the economy

A small sign of the exploration investment exodus from NZ has been this website losing many of its non-Kiwi corporate subscribers in the past year.
    The Greens may cheer but the economy in the long term won’t. Companies that have walked away from NZ include TAG Oil of Canada which was a major contributor over the decades, and the loss of major explorers like Newcrest, Evolution, and Newmont had a lot to do with ponderous red tape.

Government across the ditch andthe media put the argument for exploration and mining in perspective forresource development, and that is why mining and petroleum developments carrythe economy and its royalties and taxes are a major prop for education,research, and funding social demands.

Australiais now a global leader in gas supply,while New Zealand could run out of gas in a decade or less.

The Australian SecuritiesExchange (ASX) is a nursery for junior explorers to make discoveries at homeand overseas, whereas the smaller NewZealand Stock Exchange today barely has a resource stock. You need investorimpetus to change this, and it is right now elsewhere than NZ.”

End of selected quotes.

You can see the whole posting byGoogling “NZResources.com”.

I find the statement that “New Zealand could run out of gas in adecade or less” particularly interesting as that without gas, the NZ basedTodd family will have a severely reduced income.

If thisis the case, and pleases DYOR, this means that TIO need our PIOP iron ore even more than I had previously thought.

In my opinion, it is time forTodd to start talking Turkey!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.0¢
Change
0.030(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $179.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
90.0¢ 90.0¢ 87.0¢ $16.01K 18.12K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5800 86.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.0¢ 2799 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.55pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.