NEU 3.32% $20.52 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Pipeline-in-a-drug, page-137

1. 897 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 335
    For Acadia to develop trofinetide for an indication just to preclude Neuren from developing NNZ2591 for the same indication is absurd.

The cost alone for Acadia to do that would be phenominal. I am not saying that Acadia does not have the right to progress trofinetide in any indication that it wishes to, but the likelihood of trofinetide to pass all the regulatory requirements is far less than the likelihood that the "superior drug" NNZ2591 would.

The sheer cost of Acadia doing this would drive them out of business.

Acadia is much better suited to progress NNZ2591 for Retts and Fragile-X and I have been waiting for that announcement to drop since the last agreement was signed with Neuren. John keeps saying that decision is totally up to Acadia. I believe also that John does not believe that Acadia would promote trofinetide in any undisclosed indication just to preclude Neuren from doing ii with NNZ2591. The cost alone of doing that should stop Acadia in its tracks.

Once again - the relationship between Acadia and Neuren has been convivial to this date and there is no reason to belive that it will not continue to be so.

The recent back track in the share price for Acadia can be attributed more to its failure with another drug and not to the preformance of Daybue/trofinetide.

Acadia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACAD) faced a sharp decline this year after deciding not to proceed with further trials for pimavanserin, a drug aimed at treating schizophrenia, and now its outlook looks bleak or at least unfavorable.

Although the Daybue sales came in the lower ebb of the expected sales - Daybue/Trofinetide continues to serve its purpose for Neuren.

The future for Neuren definitely lies with NNZ2591 and I see no reason for concern as to the ability of NNZ2591 to treat multiple neurological indications. That is the scientific aim for this drug.

I also cannot see that Acadia would ever target an indication just to preclude Neuren from doing so, it cuts against the grain that they would ever consider doing that, let alone be able to afford to do so - in reality. That would be absurd.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.52
Change
0.660(3.32%)
Mkt cap ! $2.622B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.00 $20.66 $19.94 $6.431M 315.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1024 $20.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.53 285 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.