NEU 0.07% $15.13 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Pipeline-in-a-drug, page-147

1. 638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 460
    I agree there are significant barriers to Acadia actually establishing a New Indication for reasons I have expanded on above. I intend to clarify what "evidence of the commencement...of clinical development" actually means. In many ways, whether Acadia would or wouldn't is almost a moot point at this stage - the issue at hand is the uncertainty it creates for any potential (non-Acadia) BP acquirer. I have proposed the corporate actions that could solve this problem above. As you point out, nothing else has changed.

Other than how this can be solved (and it can), I have been thinking about a couple of things from a high level.

1. Jon and the Board have had 6 years to think about this - I'm sure it hasn't escaped them.
    2. What is the purpose of the pre-clinical development of new indications for 2591 if Acadia can restrict their subsequent development? It is either that Neuren intends to preclude them from the agreement in the same way it has with the other 4 indications (Acadia would need to get something out of this deal) or is strengthening its hand for future corporate action.

With regards to any potential merger/acquisition with Acadia, I believe Neuren now holds all the cards with Acadia struggling and Neuren holding the 2591 golden goose (for which they are demonstrating platform potential with P2 studies and new undisclosed indications) as well as a truckload of future milestone and royalty payments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.