HDR hardman resources limited

pipeline the only way to go

1. 54 Posts.
    1. Roads from the oil fields to Mombasa very dangerous,as they are pretty narrow, very poor maintainance of roads and vehicles in Uganda and Kenya, very hilly between oil fields and Nairobi because of the Great Rift Valley, Kenya will charge Uganda high rates for road use as all three - Uganda,Kenya & Tanzania are not friendly anymore. 2. Railway line betwen Kampala and Nairobi has not been in use for at least 30 years or more, Uganda railway do not use the same rail guage as Kenya,though they did use it on the Kampala to Nairobi before independence of all 3 countries. Since the breakup of the East African Community in the 60's when they shared the same currency-1$ us =7.5 shillings. Things have changed lot and the 3 countries now have their own currency-1$ us = 75 Kenya shs. 1300 Tanzania shs. 1850 Uganda shs. As there is a big difference in their currencies they have blocked their borders and you need permits and passports to cross borders.Vehicles too need permits. 3. Pipline from oil fields to Mombasa -approx. 1200Klms will have to be built by Uganda and this is a very large undertaking as it will have to be built accross the Great Rift Valley, and Kenya will not make it easy for Uganda to build this pipeline, though alot of money can do the trick. Further Woodside are ready to start drilling along the coast of Mombasa in Kenya and should they find oil than things will be even more difficult for Landlocked Uganda. A pipeline has already been built from mombasa to Kisumu and I think Eldoret which is closer to the Uganda Border. Forgot to mention that the rail link from Uganda to Mombasa is only one line, and interchange makes travel by rail three times longer than by road times. Thats called pole pole-in swahilli it means carefully. gently, take great care etc. As we now see that this is a Jumbo job for Hdr. Jumbo in swahilli means greetings, G'day,good morning etc. Yes I am from East Africa.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.