HDR hardman resources limited

pipeline the only way to go, page-4

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    One thought I had re the pipeline is as they already run a pipeline to transport refined product from the refinery in Mombassa through to Nairobi and I presume on to Eldoret, so wouldn't it be relatively easy to run a parallel pipe side by side back to Mombassa to flow crude. This would mean that there would be minimal environmental impact and that most of the challenges of putting down a pipe have been met.

In addition there are existing plans to put a pipeline from Kenya into Kampala so I presume that the route is chosen and logisticial/tribal/political issues are identified and have solutions, therefore much of the planning work for this part of the pipeline has also been performed.

This leaves the real virgin territory as the leg between Lake Albert and Kamapala - not sure of the exact distance but at least its all under Ugandan jurisdiction.

I'm not trying to say this will be an easy job (no such thing as an easy job in Africa in my experience, and as you say Pius - pole, pole, if they can run a job such as this to a tight timeline I'll be shocked) but just suggesting that some of the hard work has already been done for us.

Cheers
    Zinc

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.