SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Not commenting in relation to ISX, but litigation funders more...

1. 2,034 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Not commenting in relation to ISX, but litigation funders more generally (based on my experience, which could be outdated as I haven’t worked with any in almost 10 years..)

They’re typically staffed by lawyers.. so to say they’re engaging with a local lawyer to investigate a potential matter is a little misleading.. they will have already done their own internal due diligence, if an offshore finder is then moving to engage local lawyers it would indicate the process is getting towards the pointy end and it may not be too long before holders get contacted and adverts start running in newspapers

Again, the industry may have changed shape, but in my experience litigation funders have an incredibly high rate of success (be it via settlement or judgement). Their business model relies on them only taking on matters with a high likelihood of success.. the ones I dealt with were in the >90% space, but I haven’t followed them in a while so it could be less these days

Almost similar to ASIC’s success rate.. that could be a coincidence though that both may have ISX in the crosshairs.. (personally I’d rather ASIC bring more actions and have a lower success rate, because of the overall deterrent effect it would have, but I guess prosecutors like stats)..

all the talk of phone calls reminds of me when I rang BHP and told them not to start drilling for oil and gas on the Moon.. gee isn’t it lucky that they listened to me!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.