CTP 1.92% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

pl6 and northwest mereenie

1. 11,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6167
    I am trying to start the ball rolling.

So after a bit of hunting, there is not a huge amount of information on PL6, if only because it was only created 2 months ago. Although CTP has known since it acquired Ep 115 what prospects it contains (albeit, all the more so after the review completed last year).

Here are some of the prospect estimates (Note the size of NW Mereenie).

Regarding NW Mereenie, I must admit I continue to get sidetracked by the Mereenie field itself. It is believed to contain 367mmbo in place, with 900 bcf. The nature of the field (very tight) has meant that the actual recoverable amount was much less. However, saying that, it is quite surprising that it has taken Santos so long to decide to revisit the field, especially after the shale boom, or more importantly, the huge leap in technology and recovery rates in the U.S.

So why I am talking about the Mereenie field. Simply because as above, the field may extend into EP 115 (separate structure), perhaps even be bigger than the current field in terms of OOIP. Hence why IMHO, Santos wanted to include part of EP 115 in the farmin. I have to wonder if CTP could have done a smaller, separate farmin with STO regarding EP 115. Especially since all the infrastructure would allow for a quick tie in if NW Mereenie does exist.

RC should have a good understanding of what is possible in relation to NW Mereenie (and Johnston West for that matter) as he is on the board of AKK, which is a U.S shale play stock. He has direct experience with U.S techniques.

CTP is sitting on an EP 115 prospectivity review which contains a list of prospects. Time to share I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.001(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.1¢ $9.174K 177.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1150793 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 43182 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.