AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

I disagree about the further capital raising. It's well known...

1. 167 Posts.
    I disagree about the further capital raising.

It's well known that our Chairman doesn't favour them. he was very proud of the fact that he only had to do 2 CRs while at QGC and I believe he would only contemplate another placement for AKK if there were no alternatives.

You can hear it in his own words by watching the full presentation on:

http://www.rbsmorgans.com/about-us/Media-and-Events/Videos/Richard-Cottee.aspx

Although it's delivered in the CTP context he talks about general principles as to how to turn a minnow into a top ASX listed company.

He talks about "getting addicted to opium" = OPM = Other Peoples' Money. Even if the oppies do die a natural death, it doesn't follow that there has to be a CR. You can get OPM from many different sources.

For example, by negotiating a corporate debt facility or by negotiating JVs where the JV partner provides the lion's share or even all of the funding and AKK gets a free-carry. Or by negotiating project financing over specific projects with limited or no recourse to the operator. Or by a combination of JVs and project financing.

Richard has extensive experience in negotiating all of these types of commercial arrangements, so I wouldn't get trapped into thinking that no oppies money automtaically means further placement, as there are many tricks up the old dog's sleeve.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.